Monday, September 26, 2011

Prep Time

September has been a full month of getting back into language study and home school for the kids. Other activities are still going like volunteering at the orphanage, studies with friends, and weekly commitments. As October rolls around I start to organize the next few months in my head. We like to take every opportunity to have people over and I love the Fall Season. It provides reasons to give thanks, share our blessings with others, and months leading to Christmas Day. I love to plan parties and welcome those around us. It all builds up to the birth of Christ and we love it!

Some have wondered why we are waiting until after Christmas to return to America for a visit. I guess it is because by the time that day comes we have built up so much investment we don’t want to leave our friends at such a joyful time. I loved celebrating Christmas with 30 people last year who have never done so. We had our home full of local foods, people, dress, and shared our joy. I am already looking forward to Christmas and wonder who will be here. Who will be celebrating this year with us? I love having a Christmas tree in our window and watching people stop to stare at this tree. We are the only ones with lights around our windows and I hope they have a little understanding of why they are there. My mind is already getting creative as to how to use every minute leading up to that day.

So yes, we would love to see family for Christmas, so we have asked our families to wait on the celebrations until after our return. We hope to buy tickets soon, for Dec 28th. After we get there I hope that Christmas lights are still turned on and we can drive the kids around and show them the lit up streets. I can’t wait till we can eat the traditional Christmas treats too. I also look forward to after Christmas shopping and buying things like shoes (can’t find my size 8 ½ anywhere! I have one pair of shoes left that I have not worn out.) We cannot wait to hug and be with everyone we miss so much!

Most people who live overseas like us take 3-6 months for a home-leave. We really want to get back to life here and not be gone too long, so we chose the 3-month home-stay. Easter is the first weekend of April so we decided to stay an extra week to spend this holiday with family. We plan to visit Oregon in January, Pismo in February and stick around the valley in March. Our weeks are already full the first 2 months and I wonder if these 3 months are going be enough?

We definitely have some mixed emotions about heading home. I love every minute here, but long for our visit. I guess after the build up of Christmas we get to celebrate with those who truly know the meaning.

We do need some extra help however. It is an extra expense to travel to the states, live in America for 3 months, and eat enough In-In-Out so we won’t miss it anymore. We do not receive funds through our organization and so it is on us to come up with these finances. If any of you are looking for a good reason to get a tax-deductable receipt before the end of the year, I have a good way to get you one. It would really help and I would love to buy our round trip tickets soon so the price does not keep going up. There are a few ways to give, one is right here on our blog with online giving and another through the mail to our organization. If you need info send us a note. ljones@sfreserves.org

We really cannot wait for our visit and if you want to hang out with us then send us a note for that too!

Thanks for keeping up with us!